Code of Conduct
This code of conduct gives five important ways in which pupils show respect for each other and our Catholic community.
1. Be smart
- Wearing your school uniform smartly and correctly.
- Doing your best in school work and sport.
- Behaving in such a way that your family and friends would be proud.
2. Making school a safe, healthy and pleasant environment
- Walking around school at all times and keeping to the left in corridors and staircases.
- Eating and drinking in designated areas only.
- Put all litter in the bin.
- Remain on the school site at all times unless authorised permission has been given to leave.
- Obeying rules in all areas of the school specifically workshops, science labs, canteen and the library.
3. Show respect for property and people
- Showing care, support and concern for the feelings of others.
- Being courteous and helpful to students, staff and visitors.
- Being tolerant of others' views and beliefs.
- Following the school policy about student responsibility towards bullying.
- Being quiet in areas where examinations or lessons are in progress.
- Label all personal property and look after it.
- Do not damage or lose other people's possessions.
- Respect school property, buildings and resources by never defacing or vandalising in any way.
4. Create a positive image of the school in the local community
- Behaving sensibly and courteously when in school uniform in the local community and making your way to and from school.
- Ensure your language is appropriate at all times including when travelling to and from school.
- Show courteous and Christian kindness to everyone as an ambassador.
5. Make the most of educational opportunities
- Get involved in all aspects of lessons and ensure you are on task.
- Make a note of all homework and ensure it is completed on time.
- Remain silent and pay full attention to teachers' instructions.
- Take an active part in school life, including clubs and after school activities.