“One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.”
Frank Smith (psycholinguist)
Our vision refers to the opportunities that languages open for young people in their life and career choices.
A knowledge of languages other than your own is vital in finding resources and making contacts and languages can allow us to spend much of our career working abroad.
A knowledge of languages can also help you get ahead and have exciting opportunities in careers where you wouldn't necessarily expect a language to be key.
Having the ability to speak a second or third language transcends spoken dialogue and allows you to relate to different cultural groups in a personal manner.
1. ¡Hola! 4. En casa
2. El instituto 5. Mi tiempo libre
3. La familia 6. De vacaciones
1. La gente 4. Adonde vas de vacaciones?
2. Vamos a salir 5. De moda
3. Comida y bebida 6. Mi ciudad
1. El cole 4. Mi familia y mis amigos
2. Mi tiempo libre/ Comer fuera 5. El mundo hispano
3. La salud 6. La cultura y los festivales en España
Year 10 GCSE Spanish & French
1. Me, my family and friends 4. Home, town, neighbourhood & region
2. Free time and technology 5. Social issues
3. Customs and Festivals 6. Global issues
Year 11 GCSE Spanish & French
1. Travel and tourism 4. Revision
2. My studies 5. Revision
3. Education post 16
Links to other Subjects
· Food technology: Food around the world, Eat Well guide
· PSHE—Physical, mental & social health. Diet and healthy, active lifestyles.
· Psychology: Motivation
· PSHE– Career, Jobs
· PSHE– Relationships
· Maths- Numbers
· Geography: Why do people live where they do?
· Geography: How do people spend their lives in the UK?
· Geography: Climate change
· History: Who were the Romans and what impact did they have on Britain? (and Latin speaking work)
· Computing: Networks and the Internet