“Building critical, discerning users of computing technology”
The Computer Science team aim to offer a curriculum that provides real life skills and knowledge of Computer Science, Information Technology and Digital Literacy which will prepare students for further education, employment and a world where the use of digital technology is fully embodied.
This will be done through
- High-quality computing education which equips pupils to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world.
- Learning the principles of information and computation, how digital systems work, and how to put this knowledge and understanding into context.
- Becoming equipped to use information technology to create programs, systems and a range of digital content using appropriate software programs.
- Improving digital literacy in order to be able to use a range of software to express and develop ideas at a level suitable for the future workplace and as active participants in a digital world.
- Developing computer coding and digital literacy skills to take students onto KS4 and to Further and Higher education if desired and
- Being prepared for the digital age in which we live and the technology which is all around us, in order to be able to participate effectively and safely both now and in the future, whether as an employee, consumer or citizen.
Visual based coding
Robotics Game Design
Visual & text-based coding
Networks & the Internet
Data use social networking
Text based coding
Webpage design & creation
Search Engine Optimisation
Year 10 GCSE AQA 8145GC
Computer Science GCSE
BTEC L1/2 Tech Award in Digital Information Technology
Computer Science GCSE or
Btec L1 / 2 Tech Award in Digital Information Technology
Links to other Subjects
- Design and Technology: game design
- Mathematics: data representation, numeracy
- Languages: other cultures and accepted use of IT
- PSHE: legislation, digital divide, social networking
- English: writing for purpose and audience