- Set out written work neatly using blue or black ink. Titles and dates should be underlined using a ruler.
- Take care of your exercise book/folder. The cover and inside should be clean from graffiti and doodles.
- Response to feedback should be completed in red pen.
- Write carefully using the correct spelling, grammar and punctuation in every subject.
- Check your work before submitting it and make sure it is the best effort you can give.
- Diagrams/charts/drawings should be done in pencil and labelled in pen.
- All peer and self assessment should be completed in red pen and follow the 'Pin It' principle.
- All work, including homework should be submitted by the required deadline.
CUPS Literacy Marking Codes
C - Capital Letters
U - Understanding
P - Punctuation
S - Spelling
Presentation of Work
Proud: Students should be proud of the presentation of their exercise books
Pencil Case - fully equipped for the day ahead
Ruler - for tables, labels and titles
Organised - keep your work neat, label everything clearly
Use the right tool - pencil for drawings or diagrams, ruler for lines
Don't doodle in or on your book/planner